Today I am going to discuss how to publish blogger sitemap to GOOGLE Webmaster Tools. This is the 2nd and most essential step. In the beginning, I will inform you of blogger sitemap and its significance.
What is a sitemap?
A Sitemap is a XML file which lists the actual URLs for any site. This allows website owners to include more info about every URL: with regards to final update, exactly how often this changes, and just how important it really is in relation to some other URLs within the site. This enables search engines in order to crawl the website more intelligently.
(Source: Wikipedia – The Totally free Encyclopedia)
The reason why it is important to publish sitemap to Search engines?
Sitemap allows you to inform search engines regarding pages on the blog that are offered for moving. This is especially more good for blogs wherever some webpages are not accessible through the browser interface. Therefore if a few of your articles are not listed by Search engines means these posts don’t appear in Google search, submitting a suitable sitemap may resolve this problem.
How do you create a blogger sitemap for your weblog?
Don’t worry it is currently there. Within Blogger, your site feed is the sitemap. You will get it through below 2 URLs.
How can you submit the sitemap?
- Simply go to Google Webmasters Tools homepage and sign in along with same Google account that you are using for your blogger weblog.
- Click on your blog name to the blog’s Dashboard.
- Navigate in order to Crawl > Sitemaps and click on ADD/TEST SITEMAP button.
- One input package will appear, enter atom. xml, appending the necessary parameters after which click Submit Sitemap switch.
- redirect=false: if you are using FeedBurner to manage your site feed, you might had set redirection associated with feed to FeedBurner. You need to stop redirection to work sitemap properly.
- max-results: The arrears feed ULR fetched only 25 most recent post. Add this parameter to allow a lot more than 25 posts.
- start-index: Start indexing through
- start-index=1&max-results=500: allows you to index maximum 500 articles per feed.
- start-index=500&max-results=1000: If you have more than five hundred posts then add one more sitemap.
So your sitemap URL are
atom. xml? redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500 (If you have up to 500 posts)
atom. xml? redirect=false&start-index=500&max-results=1000 (If you have more than 500 as well as less than 1000 posts)
Your projects is done. Google will take few hours in order to approve your submission. This was the step-by-step guide on how to add blogger sitemap on the internet Webmaster Tools. I hope you have enjoyed this particular post and I would like to thank you for reading this article.
Now its your turn to share your own views, suggestion or place any predicament, I will try my best to sort this out. Also don’t forget to share this. You may also like us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.